|Austin’s Vegan Gluten Free
Stuffed Mushrooms Appetizer
- 1 pound white or baby bella mushrooms wiped down and stems pulled out and set aside
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped swiss chard
- 2 Tablespoons natural yeast seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely chop the stems of the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a large skillet, use 1 Tablespoon of oil, add garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add Swiss chard, spinach, diced mushroom stems.
- Mix well and cook down until mushrooms are fully cooked releasing the water in them.
- Add the nutmeg, peppers flakes and diced red pepper. Allow to cook for a few minutes until combined.
- Remove from heat. Add cooked quinoa and yeast. Mix in remainder of olive oil.
- Take a full teaspoon of the quinoa-spinach filling and stuff each mushroom.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for a few minutes and serve!